Great for Phases 1 – 4
Easy to prepare
- 1 ¾ C. asparagus, skinned and cut in 1” pieces
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. chopped tomatoes
- ¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ c. chopped green onion
- ½ jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (from a jar)
- 1 or 2 dashes Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Step 1. Using a potato peeler, peel tough outside skin of aspargus.
Step 2. Cut asparagus in 1” pieces.
Step 3. Steam asparagus well (approx. 10 minutes).
Step 4. Add asparagus to food processor and puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate till cool.
Step 5. After cooled, add remaining ingredients and mix well.