Good for Phase 1 – 4
Easy to prepare
- 1.2 lbs very lean beef cubed small
- 2 ts.p olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 4-5 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 1-2 large orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 10 mushroom stems, diced
- 1 c. of jicama or rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 3 leaves of swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 1 qt. beef broth ( a good one is Organic “Better Than Boullion” )
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 2 bay leaves
Step 1. Warm the olive oil on med-high heat in 5 qt.pot.
Step 2. Add beef, salt and pepper, and brown.
Step 3. Remove meat from pot, set aside.
Step 4. Add to pot the celery, leek, bell pepper, and mushroom, and sauté for 3 minutes.
Step 5. Add beef broth and meat, jicama (or rutabaga) rosemary, thyme, garlic, and bay leaves.
Step 6. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
Step 7. Simmer for 90 minutes.
Step 8. Add swiss chard, cook for 20-30 mins.
Step 9. Remove from heat and remove the rosemary and thyme stems, and the two bay leaves.
Step 10. Season with salt and pepper