Good for phases 1 and 2
Easy to prepare
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 pounds of tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
Step 1. Heat olive oil in a heave soup pot on medium heat.
Step 2. Add peppers and eggplant to the pot, stirring well.
Step 3. After the peppers and eggplant are soaked with the oil, add zucchini and stir well.
Step 4. Add garlic to the vegetables.
Step 5. Chop or puree Tomatoes and add to mixture.
Step 6. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well, cooking for at least 2 minutes.
Step 7. Reduce heat and let simmer for 40 minutes.